- Master of Arts, History, San Diego State University, 2013
Masters Thesis: “Religious Patriotism During World War I: A Tri-faith Perspective”
- Master of Arts, Theology, Fuller Theological Seminary, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts, Music Education, Point Loma Nazarene University, 1999
Associate Web Editor for the Journal of Southern Religion
Start date May 1, 2013
Presenter at California American Studies Association, Annual Meeting
April 26-27, 2013 at San Diego State University
Paper topic: “Religious Patriotism During World War I: A Tri-Faith Perspective” (transcript available upon request)
California American Studies Association, Annual Meeting, April 26-27, 2013
Fall 2012 and Spring 2013, San Diego State University
under Professor Edward J. Blum
Presenter at the Conference on Faith and History
October 6, 2012 at Gordon College, Whenham, MA
Paper topic: “Catholic Patriotism During World War I” (transcript available upon request)
Spring 2012, San Diego State University
under Professor Edward J. Blum
Fall 2011, San Diego State University
under Professor William Guthrie
Adjunct Lecturer, Online Administrator
2003 – 2006, European Nazarene College
Lectured in Church History, Christian Ethics, English, and Introduction to Theology. Choir Director. As Online Administrator I developed and implemented the Introduction to Learning Online class, as well as gave one-on-one orientations to the faculty. I was the primary problem-solver for all aspects of the online education program.
Summer 2006, Tirana, Albania
A three-week intensive course on Church History from the Reformation to the present.
Introduction to Christian Ethics
Summer 2004, Tirana, Albania
A two-week intensive course on Christian Ethics.
Professional Accomplishments and Affiliations
- Winner of the Richard Ruetten Memorial Scholarship Award, Fall 2012
- Member of the American Historical Association since Fall 2011
- Member of the Conference of Faith and History since Fall 2011
- Member of Americans United for Separation of Church and State since Fall 2011
Head of Support and Community Outreach at WordImpress, LLC
October 2014 – Present
Solutions Manager at FooPlugins, LLC
February 2013 – October 2014
Professional Web Development Services at www.mattcromwell.com
San Diego, CA. July 2011 – Present
Lead Web Developer at IFPDesigns.com
San Diego, CA. July 2011 – October 2014
Assistant to the Program Director at Congregation Beth Israel
San Diego, CA. 2007 – 2011
Music Director at Harbor Presbyterian Church
San Diego, CA. 2007 – 2010
Adjunct Lecturer and Online Education Administrator at European Nazarene College
BÜsingen, Germany. 2003 – 2006
Production Editor for the SEMI (Weekly Student Print Newspaper) at Fuller Theological Seminary
Pasadena, CA. 2000 – 2002
Additional Professional Skills
- An effective an thorough researcher and writer
- Highly skilled with digital publishing software, including Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Experienced with various database and membership software.
- Highly skilled with CSS3, HTML5, PHP, jQuery, various social media services, email marketing software (Constant Contact, Mail Chimp), and Content Management Systems (e.g. Joomla, WordPress, etc.).
- Fluent in communicating, reading, and writing in German.
References and Further Information
Available upon request